Welcome to Skillsme website registered under the name of My Skillsme Ltd. (“Skillsme”, “Company”, “we” or “us”), a New Zealand corporation with a place of business at 20 Symond St Auckland CBD, Auckland, New Zealand. By using Skillsme products, Skillsme Talent product, software-enabled, technical-assessment platform services, or other services (“Skillsme services”), you agree to the following terms and conditions, and any privacy policies, legal notices, or other applicable policies and guidelines that may be presented to you (collectively these “Terms of Service”) regularly.
Please read the following Terms of Service carefully. If you do not want to agree to these Terms of Service it is recommended that you do not access the Skillsme services.
Acceptance of the Skillsme Terms of Service
Your access to the Skillsme services is subject to these
Terms of Service. Skillsme reserves the right to update and
change these Terms of Service from regularly without notice
to you or acceptance by you. If we decide to materially
change all or part of the Skillsme Terms of Service we will,
where reasonably possible, try to give you advance
reasonable notice at your email address on record. Such
modified Terms of Service will become effective upon either
of the following (whichever is earlier):
- Either your continued use of the Skillsme service with actual knowledge of such modified Terms of Service
- Or thirty (30) days from the publication of such modified Terms of Service on this page or the Skillsme website.
- Any use of any of our Skillsme fee-based subscription offerings is bound by these Terms of Service plus any additional terms and conditions that will be made available in a separate agreement agreed to by you. These additional terms become part of your agreement with Skillsme if you access that Skillsme service.
By signifying your acceptance of these Terms of Service or
making any use of the Skillsme service, you signify your
acceptance of these Terms of Service in effect at the time
of your use.
If you are an individual acting as a representative of a corporation or other legal entity which wishes to use the Skillsme service, then you represent and agree that you have the authority to accept these Terms of Service on behalf of such corporation or other legal entity and that all provisions of these Terms of Service will bind that corporation or other legal entity as if it were named in these Terms of Service in place of you
- Your access to the Skillsme services is subject to these Terms of Service. Skillsme reserves the right to update and change these Terms of Service from regularly without notice to you or acceptance by you. If we decide to materially change all or part of the Skillsme Terms of Service we will, where reasonably possible, try to give you advance reasonable notice at your email address on record. Such modified Terms of Service will become effective upon either of the following (whichever is earlier):
For the purposes of these Terms of Service, the terms in this section shall have meanings assigned to them.
- “Candidate” means an individual a user invites to access the Skillsme service.
- “User” or “Recruiter” means those individuals having registered accounts with a user identification name and password.
- “Skillsme services” means the software for Skillsme’s coding challenges and user interface software used to recruit and screen software developers, which is hosted by Skillsme hosting service provider and made available to you pursuant to these Terms of Service.
Account information and service access
The Skillsme recruitment service is not available to persons
under the age of eighteen (18) or to any Users or Candidates
suspended or removed from the Skillsme service by Skillsme.
By using the Skillsme for recruitment services, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age and that you are of the legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the New Zealand or other applicable jurisdiction.
- Skillsme reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel, any account or access to the Skillsme services by any User or Candidate in its reasonable discretion, at any time.
- Skillsme accounts will be accessed through a User ID and password that you will create (your “Credentials”). Your Credentials are solely for your use and must not be shared with other Users. All Users must have their own account, User ID and Credentials. You agree that your Credentials and the information you provide upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete (including your name and your company’s name). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for all the activities that occur in your account. You agree to immediately notify Skillsme of any unauthorized use of your account, password, Credentials, or any other breach of security. You agree that Skillsme will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to provide us with accurate information or to keep your password secure.
- Recruiter shall access the Skillsme Talent services when a User invites an individual, via email, to take a technical programming test (“catalog”).
- By participating in any Skillsme promotional event or giving assent to any activity that requires an account on Skillsme, your account will be automatically created.
- Except as expressly permitted by Skillsme, you agree that the Skillsme services are to be accessed only for you or your company’s own internal business purposes and not for resale or unauthorized distribution to any third party.
- If a Skillsme customer is located within the European Economic Area, the customer is the Controller with respect to the Skillsme data, and Skillsme is a Processor.
- The Skillsme recruitment service is not available to persons under the age of eighteen (18) or to any Users or Candidates suspended or removed from the Skillsme service by Skillsme.
- The Skillsme service provides certain features, which enables Users and Candidates to submit, post, and share data, text, software, graphics, messages or other material (“Content”) on the Skillsme service. Content that Users or Candidates submit, post or share is subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service. Content that you own and post on or through the Skillsme service that belongs to you and you may use it in any way, except as prohibited by applicable state and federal law or regulations. By using the Skillsme service, you are granting Skillsme and third parties permission to use Content as described in these Terms of Service.
Grant of license to Skillsme
By using the Skillsme service, you are granting Skillsme a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, sublicenseable, irrevocable, and transferable right and license to use, host, store, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, modify, display, and communicate your Content on and through the Skillsme service. If you post Content on or through the Skillsme service, you represent and warrant that you have the right to post that Content and to grant the rights mentioned above to Skillsme.Therefore, ensure that you have the necessary rights to grant Skillsme this license for any Content you submit or post to the Skillsme service. This license that you grant Skillsme is for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, marketing, improving, and developing Skillsme products and services (and derivative works thereof). This license continues even if you terminate your account and/or stop using the Skillsme service. Skillsme acknowledges that it will not acquire any other rights, besides those mentioned here, in any Content that you may upload or post to the Skillsme service.
You understand that by posting your Content,you are responsible for your Content and any Content that you create, transmit, or display while using the Skillsme services and for any consequences thereof. You further agree that under no circumstances shall Skillsme be liable for the errors or omissions of another User or Candidate who views your Content. Therefore, you represent and agree to all of the following and acknowledge that Skillsme is explicitly relying on such representations and agreements with respect to your Content and the use of Content made available on the Skillsme service:
- The Content represents your own original work and you have all necessary rights to disclose the Content. In doing so, you are not violating the rights of any third party and you know of no other individual or entity whose rights will be infringed or violated by the Content being viewed and used as described in these Terms of Service.
- You agree to use Skillsme services only for purposes that are legal, proper, and in accordance with these Terms of Service. Your disclosure of your Content does not violate a confidential relationship with any third party or establish a confidential relationship with Skillsme
- You understand that you are responsible for your Content that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available through the Skillsme service. except as permitted in these Terms of Service. You do not have the rights to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display any Content that does not belong to you, other than viewing of Content or the associated Challenge reports on or through the Skillsme service.
Skillsme cannot and need not control all Content posted by Candidates or Users on or through the Skillsme service and it does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You agree that under no circumstances will Skillsme be liable in any way for any Content, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any Content. You understand that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the Content, integrity, and accuracy of such Content. Skillsme does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or of or relating to Content. YOU AGREE TO WAIVE, AND HEREBY DO WAIVE, ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS OR REMEDIES YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE AGAINST Skillsme WITH RESPECT THERETO.
Editing and removal rights
Skillsme reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to refuse to allow any Content through the Skillsme services or to edit or remove any Content at any time with or without notice. Without limiting the generality of the preceding sentence, Skillsme complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and GDPR and will remove Content upon receipt of a compliant takedown notice (see the “Copyright Infringement” section below).
User and Candidate representations and warranties
You are solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with your Content, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
- You own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Skillsme to use all patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights in and to your Content to enable the inclusion and use of your Content in the manner contemplated by Skillsme and these Terms of Service, and to grant the rights and license set forth above
Your Content, Skillsme’s use of such User submissions
pursuant to these Terms of Service, and exercise of the
license rights set forth above, do not and will not:
- Infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right
- Slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity, or other property rights of any other person; (c) violate any applicable law or regulation; or (d) require obtaining a license from or paying fees or royalties to any third party for the exercise of any rights granted in these Terms of Service, including, by way of example and not limitation, the payment of any royalties to any copyright owners, including any royalties to any agency, collection society, or other entity that administers such rights on behalf of others.
If you provide any comments, bug reports, feedback, or proposed modifications or suggestions on the Skillsme services (“Feedback”) to Skillsme, Skillsme have the right to use such Feedback at its discretion, including, but not limited to the incorporation of such suggested changes into the Skillsme service. You hereby grant Skillsme perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license under all rights necessary to incorporate and use your Feedback for any purpose.
Code of conduct
Skillsme has the right (but not the obligation) to remove or block Content from the Skillsme service, which it determines in its reasonable discretion, to be:
- In violation of these Terms of Service
- Offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable
- In violation of any party's intellectual property
- Detrimental to the quality or intended spirit of the Skillsme service
- Skillsme also has the right (but not the obligation, to limit or revoke the use privileges of the account of any User or Candidate who posts such Content or engages in such behavior).
You are solely responsible for your interaction with other Users and Candidates via the Skillsme service. If you have a dispute with one or more Users or Candidates or if you disagree with the results of a Catalog Report, the only remedy is to stop using the Skillsme service.
You irrevocably and forever release Skillsme(and Skillsme officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, contractors, joint ventures, and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Skillsme does not permit copyright infringing activities through the Skillsme service and reserves the right to terminate access to the Skillsme service and remove all content submitted by any persons who are found to be repeat infringers.
Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Skillsme service may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies Skillsme may have at law or in equity.
Skillsme will use common business sense regarding behavior or Content allowed on or through the Skillsme service. Examples of unacceptable Content or behavior include:
- Abuse, harassment, threats, flaming, or intimidation of any person or organization.
- Uploading or sending pornographic, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, racially or ethnically insulting, libelous, or otherwise inappropriate Content to other Users or Candidates.
- Uploading copyrighted material that is not your own or that you do not have the legal right to distribute, display, and otherwise make available to others.
- Making unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or sending junk mail (aka spam) to other Users or Candidates.
- Deployed any sort of crawler into Skillsme’s product.
- Impersonating another person or pretending to be affiliated with an organization with which you are not affiliated or misrepresenting the extent of your affiliated or role with an affiliated organization or the source, identity or Content transmitted.
- Engaging in or contributing to any illegal activity or activity that violates others’ rights.
- Use of derogatory, discriminatory or excessively graphic language.
- Transmitting worms, viruses or harmful software.
- Disclosing the personal or proprietary information of another person or organization not otherwise permitted by applicable rules or law.
- Sharing Skillsme accounts, User Credentials or Candidate login credentials with any third party or encouraging any other User or Candidate to do so.
- Blocked content
- Skillsme, in its reasonable discretion may terminate your account and/or user login credentials and remove and discard any Content within the Skillsme service if Skillsme believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter and spirit of these terms of service.
- You may terminate your account, this Agreement and your right to use the Skillsme service at any time and for any reason or no reason, by contacting Skillsme user support at support@Skillsme.com However, if you have a separate agreement with Skillsme which has conflicting terms regarding termination, those terms shall take precedence over this Agreement.
- After cancellation or termination of your account for any reason, you will no longer have access to your account and all information and Content in your account or that you have stored on the Skillsme service may be, but is not required to be deleted by Skillsme. Skillsme will have no liability for information or Content that is deleted due to the cancellation or termination of your account for any reason.
Ownership and proprietary rights
The Skillsme service is owned and operated by Skillsme. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, computer code, products, software (including any downloadable software), services, and all other elements of the Skillsme service provided by Skillsme(“Materials”) are protected by New Zealand copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws.
Except for any third party content or Content uploaded by you, all Materials are the copyrighted property of Skillsme or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third party licensors. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Skillsme or its affiliates and/or third party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by Skillsme, you agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Materials.
Third-party websites and services
The Skillsme services may include links to third party web sites or services (“Linked Sites”) solely as a convenience to Users and Candidates. Skillsme does not endorse any such Linked Sites or the information, material, products, or services contained on other Linked Sites or accessible through other Linked Sites. Furthermore, Skillsme makes no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, material, products, or services that are contained on or accessible through Linked Sites. Access and use of Linked Sites, including the information, material, products, and services on Linked Sites or available through Linked Sites, is solely at your own risk.
Disclaimers, Warranties, and limitations of liability
- EXCEPT AS MAY BE SET FORTH IN ANY SEPARATE SIGNED AGREEMENT BY SKILLSME AND YOU, THE SKILLSME SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SKILLSME SERVICE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE SKILLSME SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, Skillsme AND ITS AFFILIATES, IF ANY, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, Skillsme AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SKILLSME SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. EXCEPT AS MAY BE SET FORTH IN ANY SEPARATE SIGNED AGREEMENT BETWEEN SKILLSME AND A YOU, SKILLSME DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SKILLSME SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY PARTICULAR LOCATION, WILL BE SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE Skillsme SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER POTENTIALLY HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM SKILLSME OR THE SKILLSME SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- EXCEPT AS MAY BE SET FORTH IN ANY SEPARATELY SIGNED AGREEMENT BETWEEN Skillsme AND YOU, NEITHER Skillsme NOR ITS AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND/OR LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SKILLSME'S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSES WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO SKILLSME FOR THE SKILLSME SERVICE IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR (ii) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
You agree to indemnify and hold Skillsme Incorporation, its affiliated companies, suppliers, partners, officers, contractors and employees harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your actions in using the Skillsme service, (ii) a claim that you, or any third party using your Credentials, infringed any intellectual property or other right of any person or organization using the Skillsme service, or (iii) the violation of these Terms of Service by you or any third party using your Credentials. Skillsme reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. This indemnity shall not apply if a third party uses your Credentials due to an act or omission of Skillsme.
Prices of all fee-based Skillsme services are subject to change. If they do change, the changes shall only take effect for any subsequent subscription periods you choose to purchase.
- These Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect while you use the Skillsme service. Those terms that can continue to operate after you stop using the Skillsme service (including without limitation your Content license to Skillsme service and the General Terms in this Section), will survive after you stop using the Skillsme service.
Statute of Limitations
You agree that regardless of any statute of law to the contrary or any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of Skillsme services or the Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
You agree that Skillsme may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms of Service, by email, regular mail or by posting on the website hosting the Skillsme services.
The failure of Skillsme to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign your account to the Skillsme service or any rights and licenses granted hereunder and such any assignment by you will be null and void.
All sections of these Terms that by their respective nature should survive the cancellation or termination of these Terms of Service shall survive the termination or cancellation of these Terms of Service. You agree that breach of these provisions will cause irreparable harm and that accordingly Skillsme may seek injunctive relief in addition to any other legal remedies under these Terms of Service at law or equity.
No third-party beneficiaries
You agree that except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms of Service, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to the Terms of Service.
- You have rights for royalty free use of our resources for any or all of your personal.
- You are not required to attribute or link to UXTheme in any of projects.
- We reserve the rights to change prices and revise the resources usage policy in any moment.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Changes about terms